Acid reflux is a disease that no one wants to have. because it creates a lot of suffering for the patient and also found in adolescents working age as well
What is acid reflux?
Dr. Anupong Tangaroonsanti According to a gastroenterologist at Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital, acid reflux is a condition in which gastric juice flows up into the esophagus, causing a burning sensation in the chest. Frequent belching, which seriously affects the patient’s quality of life.
Causes and provoking factors of GERD
- Abnormalities of the esophageal sphincter
- alcohol, cigarettes
- Eat and sleep within 3 hours.
- Foods such as tea, coffee, soft drinks, spicy foods
The dangers of gastroesophageal reflux disease
Dr. Nantaphon Pongratanaman, M.D. Advisor Department of Vascular Surgery Phramongkutklao Hospital or Doctor Top stated that the symptoms of acid reflux disease May affect the condition and function of other organs in the body, such as esophagitis, ulceration, narrowing, may change the voice. Difficulty breathing, tooth decay risk, or may increase the risk of esophageal cancer.
How to cure acid reflux?
Dr. Akarawit Poonsombat, Digestive and Liver Diseases Branch Department of Internal Medicine Faculty of Medicine Ramathibodi Hospital Mahidol University suggest how to do If you want to recover from acid reflux disease:
- eat food on time
- Reduce late-night eating and avoid eating and sleeping right away
- Avoid foods that cause relapses such as tea, coffee, soft drinks, spicy foods, and high fat foods.
- eat more slowly Chew food thoroughly before swallowing.
- Do activities to reduce stress, such as exercising, reading books, listening to music, watching your favorite movies, meditating, and getting enough rest.
- Treatment with antacids
- Surgery to strengthen the esophagus In the event that the physician considers appropriate
However, for this gastroesophageal reflux disease can actually be and disappear But can come back again Depending on the behavior Therefore, the main focus should be on behavior modification. followed by medical treatment and strictly follow the doctor’s advice At this point, acid reflux symptoms are no longer scary.