Patients with acid reflux , in addition to having to adjust their lifestyle habits Eating habits should also be adjusted.
Ms. Sirikan Naree, Nutritionist, Department of Nutrition, Faculty of Medicine Ramathibodi Hospital Mahidol University states that gastroesophageal reflux disease Caused by malfunction of the distal esophageal sphincter that connects to the stomach cannot prevent acid, gastric juice, or food from refluxing into the esophagus causing a burning sensation in the chest or tightness in the chest
Foods that acid reflux patients should avoid
- high fat diet and foods that contain hidden fats, such as fried food, milk, butter, and cheese.
- acid-causing foods and gas in the stomach, such as pickles, spicy foods, and nuts
- Highly caffeinated beverages such as tea and coffee UFABET
How to prevent acid reflux from exacerbating
Prof. Duangporn Weerawatkanon, M.D. Doctor of Physiology Chulalongkorn Hospital, Thai Red Cross Society, identify ways to adjust protective behavior and treat acid reflux
- chew food thoroughly To help reduce the work of the stomach.
- not eating too much food to keep the stomach not working hard
- Avoid eating spicy, difficult to digest, oily foods such as chocolate.
- Reduce eating a lot at a time, big meals, reduce late night meals.
- After meals should be spaced 3-4 hours before bedtime. for the stomach to digest food
- weight control or lose weight in people who are obese
- no smoking
- Avoid alcohol, soft drinks, coffee
- Do not wear clothing that is too tight around the waist.
- A good sleeping position is to sleep on your left side.
- sleep with head elevated by using pillows that are tilted up 45-60 degrees